Our activity begins with the presence of our guide in the hotel of the clients to give a brief description of the activity of the day, later move in our private mobility to our ranch located 20 minutes from the city of Cusco.
Upon arriving at the ranch, our guide will make a brief induction to know how to control the horses and be able to lead them in a safe way, we will take our helmets (Mandatory use) to climb on the horses that have been selected according to our experience and mood.
Once prepared and with the basic knowledge for the ride we will begin our adventure towards the temple of the moon, in the temple of the moon we will descend from our horses to make a small guided tour of this interesting temple, probably used to evoke fertility during Pre Inca and Inca times.
After having known the temple of the moon, we will ride through the eucalyptus forest, belonging to the peasant community of Huayllarcocha, passing this forest we will arrive at the viewpoint of the archaeological center of Inkilltambo. Inkilltambo was an administrative center and control point for travelers, used during the height of the Inca era. In this viewpoint we will take our little Snacks and talk a little about the Inca history, flora and fauna of the place.
Later we will make an ascent with the horses until we reach a point above 3700 meters above sea level, this is a beautiful viewpoint of the modern part of the city of Cusco, from here we can also appreciate the APUS (Sacred Mountains) most important of our region and we will explain its importance and function.
We will finish the activity with the horses on the ranch and then take our mobility and go to visit the imposing archaeological center of Sacsayhuaman. We will make a detailed and different visit of this place, we will start the visit through the “Chinkanas” or Inca caverns sector, then we will appreciate the “slides” and we will arrive at the huge walls to explore them in detail, after the visit to sacsayhuaman, we will return to our hotel and thus end the experience around the mountain ranges of Cusco
- 09:00 – 09:05 Pick up from the Hotel and transfer to the ranch.
- 09:20 – 09:30 Induction on horse management.
- 09:30 – 09:45 horses Rancho – Temple of the Moon.
- 09:45 – 10:00 Guided visit to the Temple of the Moon.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Horses Temple of the Moon – Inkilltambo Viewpoint.
- 10:30 – 10:40 Snacks.
- 10:40 – 11:40 Horseback riding to the viewpoint of the city of Cusco and return to the Ranch.
- 11:40 – 11:50 Transfer ranch – Sacsayhuaman.
- 11:50 – 12:30 Guided visit to Sacsayhuaman.
- 12:30 – 12:45 Return to the hotel and end of the activity.
- Professional Guide English – Spanish
- Private transportation – Cusco – Rancho – Cusco.
- Well-groomed horses
- Cusco Touristic ticket – (Entrance to Sacsayhuaman)
Price: USD 70.00 per person
Recommended for: beginners, intermediates and experts.
Weight limit: 90 kilos or 200 pounds.BOOK NOW